At approximately 7:45 p.m. on Friday, February 12 Clarington Emergency & Fire Services were called to Kuzenko Stables at 4507 Courtice Road for a house fire located at the front of the property.

Clarington Fire Chief Gord Weir says the home was being used as an office and was heated by a wood-burning stove and that may have been the cause of the fire. Everyone inside got out safely.

“The freezing temperatures made it challenging to fight the fire as the whole area was covered with ice, even where the tanker trucks were shuttling the water from, around the fire hydrant was a danger for the fire crews from all the ice,” Chief Weir said this morning.