The parade starts at the R.S. McLaughlin Armouries at 10:25 a.m. and goes to the Memorial Park cenotaph. The host of ceremonies will give a short history (approximately 10:30 a.m.) before the parade arrives at the park. The service at the cenotaph will begin at 11:00 a.m.
The City of Oshawa, Royal Canadian Legion Branch 43, and Royal Canadian Branch 637 have worked together to put on this special event. Find more information about this event on the Royal Canadian Legion Branch website.
Parade route and road closures:
- Metcalfe Street will be closed from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
During the parade:
- 10:35 a.m.- Richmond Street heading west to Centre Street
- South on Centre Street to John Street
- (Centre Street from King Street will be closed from 10:25 a.m. and will reopen once the parade heads back to the Armouries
- East along John Street to Simcoe Street
- (Simcoe Street from John Street will be closed and will open after the parade heads again to the Armouries)
- Stopping at Memorial Park for the ceremony
After the ceremony:
- North on Simcoe Street back to the R.S. McLaughlin Armouries
- Available at City Hall and on street
- Metcalfe Street is reserved parking only
If you can not come to Oshawa here is a list of ceremonys across Ontario