It was just before noon when Oshawa Fire Services got a call to 1100 Oxford St in Oshawa for a townhouse that was on fire.
Upon arrival, crews came into fire conditions in the kitchen area of the home and quickly got the fire out saving the house from further damage and stopping the spread of fire into other units in the complex.

This afternoon Deputy Chief Todd Wood said something was placed on the stove not knowing a burner was on and left the house.

Damage to the home may be up as high of $150,000; no injuries were reported.

Photos courtesy of Tony Schwartz